Sunday, December 6, 2009

The End

I think I’ve learned about blogging as its own form of writing. It really does have its own style. Before this class I didn’t know that much about bloggers and what I did know I kind of looked down on. I didn’t realize how much effort goes into a blog. How you constantly have to be on top of it and putting out new stuff like Sullivan said. Some blogs put out about 15 posts a day, and even if they’re from different people, the person in charge still has to check on the blog regularly.

My views on reading and writing have changed regarding blogs. I used to think of them as outlets for outcasts but now I see that a lot of information passes through them and they make a big difference. Now that I’m paying more attention to the main news, I notice that many times references are made to different blogs, besides Prez Hilton, which so doesn’t count. Even to the founders of those blogs have a certain sense of credibility because I’ve seen the founders of the blogs I’m following on major news networks. Who knew?

My reading practices have definitely changed because now I read the New York Times. I never thought that I would get into the habit of ding that, but even when the class is over, I still think I will do it. Now when I’m sitting bored in front of my computer not sure where to go, I go to the NYT. Problem solved. I has actually become one of the things I look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment